Check out the complete article here:
Software’s Helping Hand For Labor:
As ground service providers wrestle with the workforce issues of the day, technology is easing some of the burdens.
- Indicators show job resignations are up 23 percent from pre-pandemic levels, and many workers are quitting jobs to take higher-paying options elsewhere. Employees are re-examining what they want from their work-life. As a result, employers are having to pay more and look for ways to attract talent.
- High turnover has always been an issue in this sector of the aviation industry, but until recently, it was fairly manageable. COVID-related shifts have upended the workforce bringing turnover to record levels. Most experts concur that this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Daily shortfalls of 30 to 40 percent under needed headcount are common for most major companies in aviation. Making up for the shortfall means scheduling lots of overtime. The long hours and extra shifts mean workers arrive tired, feel burned out, and can get dangerously fatigued while on the job.
- The use of next-generation technologies to better manage workers and accommodate their preferences is increasing throughout the industry. Today, we’re seeing all sectors of the industry deploy workforce management solutions to address shift preferences, ensure that workers are assigned tasks for which they have the proper skills, and ensure adherence with service level agreements.
- The AlertMeter is a patented, next-generation technology that gives employers a tool to objectively measure the cognitive state of their employees. With a 60-second puzzle-solving app, a worker can know if they are overly fatigued to perform their assigned duty.
- The AlertMeter isn’t meant to deny people work but to create safer, more productive workplaces. It’s about engendering a more effective leadership within your organization and recognizing the fact that your leaders rarely have time to look everybody in the eye and ask them how they’re doing. AlertMeter is generating conversations that would not have happened otherwise.
Schedule with one of our fatigue and productivity experts to learn more about how The AlertMeter® can help your company stay competitive in today’s challenging labor market.
Safer, More Productive Shifts Can Start Today
Request a no-obligation Discovery Meeting, and a member of our team of fatigue-risk mitigation experts will walk you through this revolutionary technology so you can run safer, more productive shifts.
Fill out the form below, and we'll follow up to:
- Ask a few additional questions about your situation
- Understand your scope and timeline
- Determine if there's a good fit
- Schedule your Discovery Meeting